Transit

Transition

Daylight.

Sun and cloud shadow,

bird-song echoes through an open window.

A dog barks, the cat calls for breakfast.

Kettle boils, coffee brews,

rain falls on the garden.

Structures, solid, recognisable, re-assuring.

Neurons. Electrical impulses. Thoughts. Senses.

Patterns in transit.

The kaleidoscope of life,

evolving.

~

~

~

Oil painting ‘Transit’ © 2014 Masked Native

About maskednative

I live in Ireland, in an extended cottage overlooking Waterford Estuary, privvy to constant changes of light on water, colour and movement, tides and people. I am anglo-Irish and although my initial intention was to live here for a year and a day, I am still here, a blow-in to these shores for the past fifteen years. There have been countless times when I wanted to run back to England with homesickness and relief, but for one reason or another, so far, it has not been possible. I surrender, the soul of Ireland has captured me, allowed a glimpse of the world behind the mask of everyday experiences, bringing forth a mixture of words and pictures from an ordinary everyday life, filled with ordinary everydayness that I offer as a celebration, to the creator of this truly wonderful planet.
This entry was posted in Life, Love and the Universe. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Transit

1. Tom says:

Teri, your words strike a chord early on this Friday morning. It’s the reassuring ‘other’ which gives me hope. A kaleidoscope asks our involvement for the wonder to be revealed. But all too often I dwell on the static pattern. Thank you.

2. j.h. white says:

Thanks for the glimpse of your morning Teri…so, so familiar. Beautiful painting, beautiful poem.

3. …the wonder of being mindful…nice poem…nice painting…

4. Nick Flynn says:

nice pic … how big is it?

Nick Flynn Managing Partner Yoga Styling T: +62 (0) 81 999 342 122 SKYPE: flynnskype

Web: http://www.yogastyling.com

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

5. I love your poem especially the last line…we are always evolving just like every living thing…lovely way to end a delightful poem! Thanks for sharing!

6. sherinsk says:

beautifull poem.ireland i heard is a place with so many natural beauties right?
    one from me.hope you like it.

7. sherinsk says:

sorry i meant natural wonders 😆

8. Hey there I am so thrilled I found your site, I really found you by error,
    while I was researching on Digg for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a marvelous post and a all
    round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the great work.

9. Geo Sans says: