Wild Thing Living

Come away, O human child.
To the waters and the wild. With a faery, hand in hand.
For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand.
-‘The Stolen Child’ William Butler Yeats –

~ ~ ~

Wild Thing Living

Long after fires are spent on ancient ground,

in wind that brings your voice, your smile,

there is no such thing as time, only bare feet on dew wet grass,

with

The Wild Thing Living.

Oil Painting Wild Thing Living © 2014 Teri Flynn @ Masked Native

About maskednative

I live in Ireland, in an extended cottage overlooking Waterford Estuary, privvy to constant changes of light on water, colour and movement, tides and people. I am anglo-Irish and although my initial intention was to live here for a year and a day, I am still here, a blow-in to these shores for the past fifteen years. There have been countless times when I wanted to run back to England with homesickness and relief, but for one reason or another, so far, it has not been possible. I surrender, the soul of Ireland has captured me, allowed a glimpse of the world behind the mask of everyday experiences, bringing forth a mixture of words and pictures from an ordinary everyday life, filled with ordinary everydayness that I offer as a celebration, to the creator of this truly wonderful planet.
This entry was posted in Life, Love and the Universe and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Wild Thing Living

1. SirenaTales says:

Enchanting words and painting…making me feel simultaneously light and grounded… wild. Thank you for your gorgeous work. xo

Liked by 1 person

2. j.h. white says:

I agree with Chloe…my exact response Teri. I would be most happy to live with this painting…grow into and with it.

Liked by 1 person

• maskednative says:

I am quite stunned with your compliment Jana, thank you so much, and also that you speak of growing into and with it is quite extraordinary, I felt it wasn’t ‘finished’ and yet, couldn’t see what next to do, and so it seemed it was enough done, and I let it go.

3. Geo Sans says:

moments
    of expanded
    space

Liked by 1 person

4. there’s that “feel”…that bare feet on dew wet grass…the past…those moments…nice artwork, nice poetry, Teri.

Liked by 1 person

5. Just so happy to embrace your words, your thoughts!

Liked by 1 person

6. Beautiful and hopeful, a hint of sadness. Love the atmospheric & visceral sense of space around the image and words.

Liked by 1 person

7. maskednative says:

Thank you very much, love your comments.

8. platosgroove says:

Now is the only possible place for bare feet dew and grass to meet. Very nice!