A New Horizon

boat on gold

Hold fast to the tiller,

to Gods of wind and waves.

Through storms and dreams,

through heartbeat of wings

that arc and swoop and cry for land.

Art © 2014 TCFlynn @ Masked Native

In response to ivonprefontaine blog post, TakingThe Helm, I am making a return to WordPress with this updated post. With thanks for his word prompt Adrift and look forward to catching up with my WordPress friends again.

About maskednative

There is a gazebo at the end of the garden. It overlooks the estuary. When the tide is in, sea water pools around seaweed covered rocks. The sound is peaceful, meditative. I drink an early morning coffee, listen to the birds singing morning songs, watch a spider spin his fragile life between timber beams above my head. Even in the harshest of winters, the rise and fall of tides, sun-light on water, movement of sky, cloud, moon and stars, allows an awareness of nature behind the mask of perceived reality. I offer my words and pictures in celebration and gratitude to God, for allowing me a glimpse behind the mask. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Bio: Teri Flynn was born in Wales of Welsh and Irish Parents. Educated in England, she moved to Co.Waterford, Ireland in 1997 where her Poetry has since appeared in “The Turning Tide” – an anthology of new writing from Co.Waterford. “Southward” The Journal of the Munster Literature Centre and “Imagine” The Tallow Writers Group quarterly review. Her poetry appears in “Sticky Orchard”, a group effort with Alan Garvey, Jim O’Donnell and Anthony O’Neill and grant assisted by Waterford County Council’s Arts Grant Scheme. “Listening To The Grass Grow” with Jim O’Donnell and Anthony O’Neill was published by Edward Power at Rectory press and most recently, in ‘Murmurings’, Remembering Anthony O’Neil, with Jim O’Donnell and Alan Garvey. Her poem Queen Of The Sea was included in the Chesapeake Exhibition at RUH, Bath, 2011. Figurehead Carver, Andy Peters. Photographic display of Ship’s Figurehead Carvings by Richard Sibley – http://www.tallshipsgallery.com A themed display of her oil paintings and poems entitled Cynefin, were on display in Waterford during The Imagine Festival in 2017. Cynefin-pronounced kuh-nev-in is a Welsh word meaning habitat or place. A place where a being feels it ought to live, where nature around you feels right and welcoming.
This entry was posted in Life, Love and the Universe and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A New Horizon

1. Tom says:

Love it!

Liked by 1 person

2. Getting an amazing visualization from this! love that when it happens, terrific!

Liked by 1 person

3. j.h. white says:

So much to like about this one Teri….it’s a great series.

4. SirenaTales says:

Such gorgeous imagery, maskednative–in the words and the paintings. The paradox of the inner compass anchored, and anchoring, allowing the sailor to remain adventurous and intrepid on distant seas. Thank you for the abundant inspiration! xo

Liked by 1 person

5. nice movement…inward…outward…a call…

Liked by 1 person

6. Geo Sans says:

the past
    ~
    never harbouring resentments
    always opening new skies

Liked by 1 person

7. Earth Angel says:

Beautifully written! Thank you for letting me enter into your world…your poetic gift with descriptive words bring me in… as if I was there..looking forward to following you…and thank you for entering my blog in this vast universe..in oneness..Heart to Heart Robyn

Liked by 1 person

8. Ah, Ireland, the land of uncountable greenth and the magic of the place of some of my ancestors. I love the country and your poetry that captures its enchantment.

Liked by 1 person

• maskednative says:

You are right about the magic of Ireland, poetry comes easily with gratitude to the creator of this amazing planet. Thank you for your comment,thank you also for your ‘follow’, I look forward to taking a peek into your world too.

9. Inner compass anchored, …

That’s her. Lovely.

Liked by 1 person

10. I have missed your words! Always beautifully delivered!

Liked by 1 person

• maskednative says:

Thank you Wendell, time has pre-occupied me with other things recently, keeping me from writing, but God is always constant, the beauty of his creations a gentle, soothing balm for busy lives.

11. The poem, echoed by the paintings, is hauntingly beautiful.

12. Ran across your blog today, lovely work, sister poet. Blessings to you.