A New Horizon

boat on gold

Hold fast to the tiller,

to Gods of wind and waves.

Through storms and dreams,

through heartbeat of wings

that arc and swoop and cry for land.

Art © 2014 TCFlynn @ Masked Native

In response to ivonprefontaine blog post, TakingThe Helm, I am making a return to WordPress with this updated post. With thanks for his word prompt Adrift and look forward to catching up with my WordPress friends again.

About maskednative

I live in Ireland, in an extended cottage overlooking Waterford Estuary, privvy to constant changes of light on water, colour and movement, tides and people. I am anglo-Irish and although my initial intention was to live here for a year and a day, I am still here, a blow-in to these shores for the past fifteen years. There have been countless times when I wanted to run back to England with homesickness and relief, but for one reason or another, so far, it has not been possible. I surrender, the soul of Ireland has captured me, allowed a glimpse of the world behind the mask of everyday experiences, bringing forth a mixture of words and pictures from an ordinary everyday life, filled with ordinary everydayness that I offer as a celebration, to the creator of this truly wonderful planet.
This entry was posted in Life, Love and the Universe and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A New Horizon

1. Tom says:

Love it!

Liked by 1 person

2. Getting an amazing visualization from this! love that when it happens, terrific!

Liked by 1 person

3. j.h. white says:

So much to like about this one Teri….it’s a great series.

4. SirenaTales says:

Such gorgeous imagery, maskednative–in the words and the paintings. The paradox of the inner compass anchored, and anchoring, allowing the sailor to remain adventurous and intrepid on distant seas. Thank you for the abundant inspiration! xo

Liked by 1 person

5. nice movement…inward…outward…a call…

Liked by 1 person

6. Geo Sans says:

the past
    ~
    never harbouring resentments
    always opening new skies

Liked by 1 person

7. Earth Angel says:

Beautifully written! Thank you for letting me enter into your world…your poetic gift with descriptive words bring me in… as if I was there..looking forward to following you…and thank you for entering my blog in this vast universe..in oneness..Heart to Heart Robyn

Liked by 1 person

8. Ah, Ireland, the land of uncountable greenth and the magic of the place of some of my ancestors. I love the country and your poetry that captures its enchantment.

Liked by 1 person

• maskednative says:

You are right about the magic of Ireland, poetry comes easily with gratitude to the creator of this amazing planet. Thank you for your comment,thank you also for your ‘follow’, I look forward to taking a peek into your world too.

9. Inner compass anchored, …

That’s her. Lovely.

Liked by 1 person

10. I have missed your words! Always beautifully delivered!

Liked by 1 person

• maskednative says:

Thank you Wendell, time has pre-occupied me with other things recently, keeping me from writing, but God is always constant, the beauty of his creations a gentle, soothing balm for busy lives.

11. The poem, echoed by the paintings, is hauntingly beautiful.

12. Ran across your blog today, lovely work, sister poet. Blessings to you.