Letting Go

sky trails

Swim little fish,

swim to the edge of the deep blue sea,

to the thin line of sky…and imagine…just imagine,

letting go.

About maskednative

I live in Ireland, in an extended cottage overlooking Waterford Estuary, privvy to constant changes of light on water, colour and movement, tides and people. I am anglo-Irish and although my initial intention was to live here for a year and a day, I am still here, a blow-in to these shores for the past fifteen years. There have been countless times when I wanted to run back to England with homesickness and relief, but for one reason or another, so far, it has not been possible. I surrender, the soul of Ireland has captured me, allowed a glimpse of the world behind the mask of everyday experiences, bringing forth a mixture of words and pictures from an ordinary everyday life, filled with ordinary everydayness that I offer as a celebration, to the creator of this truly wonderful planet.
This entry was posted in Life, Love and the Universe and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Letting Go

1. Tom says:

To the periphery of consciousness and imagination. I really like this.

Liked by 1 person

2. maskednative says:

Yes Tom, a voyage of discovery. Thank you.

3. SirenaTales says:

Release and loveliness….thank you. xo

4. Geo Sans says:

discovering depths
    ~
    wiggling
    from the river
    small salmon
    overwhelming beauty
    blue ocean

Liked by 1 person

5. maskednative says:

Wiggling, a great word.
    Small salmon, leaping against the flow.

6. I am that fish. And I feel very little in a big pond. Still, I swim on because it is my nature and desire, to soar. This is sublime.

Liked by 1 person

7. Brilliant! Love the words you write and how the image brings greater meaning. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

8. Too often we cling to the well known and trusted instead of throwing ourselves into new adventures or just something new. Great post!

• maskednative says:

Yes I agree with you Otto, it is fear of the unknown that holds us back. The Hopi Native Indian Elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open and our heads above water. See who is there with you and celebrate.

Liked by 1 person